عدد المساهمات : 99
تاريخ التسجيل : 11/01/2013
|موضوع: Life Quotes الجمعة يناير 11, 2013 4:45 pm|| |
1. Stop and consider! Life is but a day;
A fragile dew-drop on its perilous way
From a tree's summit.
2. Our life is frittered away by detail ... Simplify, simplify.
3. Life is real! Life is earnest!
And the grave is not its goal;
Dust thou art, to dust returnest,
Was not spoken of the soul.
4. There's night and day, brother, both sweet things; sun, moon and stars, brother, all sweet things; there's likewise a wind on the heath. Life is very sweet, brother; who would wish to die?
(George Henry Borrow : 1803-1881)
5. Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more; it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
(Shakespeare : Macbeth)
6. So many things
Could have happened to me....
But nothing ever happened to me
Except two children.
7. How can you live sweetly amid the vexatious things, the irritating things, the multitude of little worries and frets, which lie all along your way and which you cannot evade. You cannot at present change your surroundings.
Whatever kind of life you are to live must be lived amid precisely the experiences in which you are now moving. Here you must win your victories or suffer your defeats. No restlessness or discontent can change your lot. You had better make up your mind to accept what you cannot alter.
(J. R. Miller)
8. If you wake up breathing, congratulations! You have another chance.
Here are The Life Quotes.
9. No suffering could nor will even induce me to give testimony against life as I know it.
10. I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow. But through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.
11. No individual should ever fall into this trap that he has answers to all the problems of life. Life is too large and wondrous and one is searching for answers even in one's death-bed.
12. Life is not straight and easy corridor along which we travel free and unhampered, but a maze of passages through which we must seek our way, lost and confused, now and again checked in a blind alley.
(Archibald Joseph Cronin : 1896-1981)
13. Many people living in their twilight years suddenly realize how empty and pointless their lives have been. They have made some deals and had some fun but in terms of satisfying friendships or lasting accomplishments, their lives have been zero. They have climbed the ladder of success, only to discover that all along it had been leaning against the wrong wall.
An ancient historian would have written volumes about the splendour of Emperor Nero and probably never mentioned Apostle Paul executed by the former. Yet today we name our dogs Nero and our sons Paul.
What we live for is pretty important after all.
14. One of life's mysteries is how a two-pound box of candy can make a person gain five pounds.